[X4U] 10.5 instead of 10.6

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Feb 10 10:20:17 PST 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, zapcat wrote:

> I agree that I made have made a blanket statement that doesn't apply to all,
> since you obviously find utility in Snow Leopard.
>
> Not everybody uses their mac for the same kinds of things. I have found that,
> in my work, Snow Leopard is not production-ready at this time.
>
> allow me to amend what I said to: Snow Leopard does not, as of this date,
> provide as much *universal* support for apps as Leopard or Tiger do.

>From my point of view, the high point was 10.3.x, as it was in 10.4 that
they started removing features that *I* care about.  I still miss support
for classic Appletalk shares.  I finally upgraded to 10.4 once staying on
10.3.x became a problem.  I've remained on 10.4.11, and will continue to do
so most likely until I replace my G5 2x2 since it still supports the classic
apps I use.

I am feeling the need to move off 10.4.11 and my G5 system though, as I
don't believe that Adobe CS5 and LR3 will support PPC or 10.4.  I ran into a
problem with this recently with Nik Software's Viveza 2.0 plugin.  Still as
I'm nearing 6.5 years with the machine, I think it has served me well. :-)

Zane