[X4U] 10.5 instead of 10.6

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Thu Feb 11 10:11:18 PST 2010

Depends on what you mean by throttle. Both Fusion and Parallels allow you to specify the number of processors and RAM a VM gets . . .and you can specify whether system performance is maximized for Mac OS or the VM . . .but you can't specify a particular amount of CPU load in GHz like you can on VMWare ESX or ESXi or Server.

On Feb 11, 2010, at 12:55 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> Do either of those solutions allow you to throttle the virtual machines
> running under them?  If so I can setup a Linux instance specifically to run
> a VAX emulator, and retire yet another system.

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil