[X4U] IOMEGA HD 320GB

Earle Jones earle.jones at comcast.net
Sat Jan 9 10:27:47 PST 2010

Greetings!

Intel iMac -- X 10.6.2 -- HP printers, etc.

I have several external HDs (all are USB connected) including an IOMEGA 320 GB.

The 320GB power unit died (loose plug-in prongs) and IOMEGA sent me a new power unit.  When I re-connect the HD, it is not recognized on the desktop.

'Disk Utility' can't find it; neither can 'Disk Warrior', TechTool Pro', 'Drive Genius' or anything else I can think of. Restart doesn't help.

The disk drive is warm and rotating, the blue lamp is on, and the connections are OK (I switched several HDs around to different USB slots.)

What should I do next?  Is there a terminal script that will scan for HDs?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks and cheers!

earle
*