[X4U] [macosx] IOMEGA HD 320GB

Earle Jones earle.jones at comcast.net
Mon Jan 11 13:45:39 PST 2010

On Jan 9, 2010, at 10:27 AM, Earle Jones wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Intel iMac -- X 10.6.2 -- HP printers, etc.
>
> I have several external HDs (all are USB connected) including an IOMEGA 320 GB.
>
> The 320GB power unit died (loose plug-in prongs) and IOMEGA sent me a new power unit. When I re-connect the HD, it is not recognized on the desktop.
>
> 'Disk Utility' can't find it; neither can 'Disk Warrior', TechTool Pro', 'Drive Genius' or anything else I can think of. Restart doesn't help.
>
> The disk drive is warm and rotating, the blue lamp is on, and the connections are OK (I switched several HDs around to different USB slots.)
>
> What should I do next? Is there a terminal script that will scan for HDs?
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Thanks and cheers!
>
> earle
> *

*
Many thanks for all the suggestions!

I disconnected the 320GB HD, re-booted, changed USB cables, changed USB ports, zapped PRAM, tried Disk Utility, Drive Genius, and TechTool Pro.  None of them recognized the HD.

I'm out of ideas.  I'm afraid I have a bad HD -- all of which happened when the power unit broke.  IOmega replaced the power unit, but still the HD is not recognized.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

earle
*