[X4U] Home Media System (MacOS)

Conlon Brett brettnlis at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 18 03:15:32 PST 2010

So, I'm at the razor's edge of moving from my old 68cm Sony 4:3 SD CRT
TV, DVD Recorder (all analogue) and need to make the plunge into the
digital age with a digital set-top box, 16:9 HD widescreen LCD screen
and a HD TV recorder.

I was wondering if anyone has a good solution on the Mac side for such
a "media centre"?

I just had a look at the Apple TV but it doesn't have a digital tuner
- it looks like the iPod for video (enticing you to buy movies/shows
thru iTunes).

Is Tivo the solution for digital TV? Does it also manage your own Home
video content (home movies you want to play from hard drive instead of
burning to discs etc.).

I'm hoping I don't have to rely on a PC solution!!!

Cheers,

Cojcolds