[X4U] private iCal problem

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Wed Jan 20 15:01:13 PST 2010

I have a server that is running MacOS X 10.4.11 server. I have web services turned on and have WebDAVE enabled for the domain, and I have a subfolder/directory that is password protection. We publish our iCals to this server into the protected directory (anyone that wants to have access to the protected folder has to have a user account and be a member of a specific group). However, since upgrading my boss's spare Mac mini at home to snow leopard, he cannot access any of the calendars in the shared directory, iCal tells him access denied. Previous versions of MacOS X and iCal, iCal would bring up a dialogue box asking for a user name and password when we tried to subscribe to an iCal in the password protected folder. Apparently Snow Leopard's iCal accesses private iCals differently. I have Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro and I'm able to subscribe to Calendars in the private folder. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Joe