[X4U] Gimme a Mac any day - I need PC help!

Conlon Brett brettnlis at bigpond.com
Sat Jan 23 20:08:17 PST 2010

Mannnn, working with PC's more and more has made me love Macs all the
more.

I'm looking for a tool which can help me to clone/migrate a Windows XP
partition on a USB drive (32GB Fat-32) to my Mac laptop's 75GB NTFS
partition.

I've been searching and testing PC utilities for days and so far have
nu lock finding a free or otherwise solution. They either want to
clone the entire hard drive to the destination (overwriting what I
already have for my partitioning on the Mac) or they can't recognise
the NTFS partition on the GUID formatted drive (ie. they don't support
GPT).

I just HAVE to get this working in the next day (pref-next few hrs) or
I'm stuffed!!!!

Many thanks,

Cojcolds (who was having a grand 40th boofday until this came along <8-
{ )

ps. my original need was to try to get myself a larger WinXP partition
to work with (larger than 32GB) due to constantly running out of space
but I found I couldn't have more than 2 partitions when using bootcamp
(one for MacOS and the other for Windows) so adding another FAT-32
partition was outa the question... I couldn't install Windows onto a
FAT-32 partition larger than 32GB (it just won't boot - windows
limitation) and so NTFS is the only option left. I imaged my original
32GB FAT-32 partition using Ghost 9 but found that the only way to
restore a Ghost image is for it to resize the partition back to 32GB,
defeating my initial purpose of obtaining a larger drive so in the end
I restored it to an external USB drive and now I want to migrate all
the contents to my NTFS partition. I still have the original ghost
image if needed, too. When I had to back up the Mac side, I simply
used Time Machine which was essentially a single-click function and
when I restored the Time Machine backup to the Mac partition I booted
off the OSX install disc and restored from a Time Machine Backup -
SOOOO EFFFOOORRTTLLEESSSSS!!!!!!!! Hence my email subject...