[X4U] Old Software (was: iPad news)

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Sat Jan 30 10:55:40 PST 2010

On Jan 30, 2010, at 8:28 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> It kind of makes you think there is a market out there for simple
> WYSIWYG web editors.  While I have Creative Suite Premium 3, and
> therefore Dreamweaver CS3, I'd be seriously inclined to pay extra
> for something offering the functionality of PageMill/SiteMill.

There is. The problem is, and I lay this at the feet of m-snot, is a
complete disrespect for and bastardization of web standards for a
desire to control the web. There is no other reason for their not
being an InDesign of the web, other than you simply can't rely on one
company's implementation of web standards to work with all the  many
platforms and browsers out there.

IMHO, this is a crime and the perps are still out there, raking in
billions.

zc