[X4U] Do you get this message in 10.6.4 while repairing rights in disk - utility

Tommy Bollman tommyb06 at student.uia.no
Thu Jul 15 03:12:51 PDT 2010

The original error message was

Warning: the SUID-file «System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent» have been changed and will not be repaired.
Do you who use Snow Leopard receive the same message? -I'm curious about this. :-)

Lets say I now change the rights back and then *something* changes the rights back, so that the ard agent is open for access via remote desktop, I'd say that would give some reason for concern no matter what apple says.

I doubt that any programs can do such a thing legally without a users consent.

Den 15. juli 2010 kl. 09.57 skrev Randy B. Singer:

> On Jul 14, 2010, at 4:14 AM, Tommy Bollman wrote:
>
>> Hello I get a message containing something similar to this in english when I run the disk utility - repair rights:
>
> See:
> http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1448?viewlocale=en_US
>
> You can safely ignore "Warning: SUID file X has been modified and will not be repaired" messages.
>
> You can also usually ignore any "ACL found but not expected..." messages.
>
> These messages are accurate but are generally not a cause for concern.

> Randy B. Singer
> Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)
>
> Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
> http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

Best regards

Tommy Bollman