[X4U] July 27 Hardware Announcements!

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Tue Jul 27 14:20:52 PDT 2010

On Jul 27, 2010, at 1:10 PM, Joe Sporleder wrote:

> I've been checking out the new hardware that Apple has announced
> today. Any comments from the list? What do you think?

I think anyone who wants 12 cores will pay through the eye for them.
That trackpad thing seems a little... I guess the idea is that now,
anyone can have trackpad functionality even if they don't have a
powerbook?

Can you draw with it?  Seems like a $70 toy to me.

Frankly, I am very glad I bought my 8-core 2.26 ghz Nehalem from the
Apple refurb site a year this month.

Saved a pile of dough, and it's plenty fast enough for me.

Zane, if I were you, I'd look for one of those, too, but you know
best what you want.

I know that I am wierd, but I'm tired of constantly new product
coming out, but that is the prevailing "business model."

zc