[X4U] New Mac Pro's and FW400

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Jul 27 18:05:39 PDT 2010

In looking at the new Mac Pro one of the things that I quickly
noticed is that they totally lack FW400 ports.  Well, I only have one
FW800 device, my Drobo.  OTOH, I have several FW400 devices
(including a Camcorder, a Canopus ADVC-50, and a Firewire Audio box).
Should I simply get a cable to plug them into the computer, or would
I be better off buying a PCI-Express like the Allegro FW400 PCIe?

Note, I rarely use any of the FW400 devices except two of the drive enclosures.

Zane

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |
|                                  | Photographer               |