[X4U] Mac Pro fresh updates?

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 16 12:49:10 PDT 2010

On Jun 16, 2010, at 12:37 PM, Joe Sporleder wrote:

> What is everyone think is the chance that we'll see a refresh on
> the Mac Pro line?

no clue. some times I look at this site:  http://
buyersguide.macrumors.com/

but in reading your post, it sounds like your most pressing need is

1.Screen "real estate" and

2. RAM

My reading is that a Mac Pro offers little advantage over, say, an
iMac in 2D/print work. There are some who feel they need every last
gram of computer muscle, so they flip for the 2 or 3-times more
expensive kit.

I went MP last year because I do 3D, and that activity is all about
maxing your ghz/dollar ratio.

Some of my print clients happily bang out their weekly pubs on G4 Mac
Minis with 1 gig sticks.

these are some things to consider when evaluating how much you'll
spend and what it'll actually get you.

hth

zc