[X4U] Mac Pro fresh updates?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Jun 16 13:09:33 PDT 2010

The Mac Pro is more than due for a refresh.  It has been about 15 1/2 months
since the last refresh, and personally I'm sick and tired of waiting.  I have
been ready to buy for about 4 months or so, but I am waiting for them to
release a new model.

I think it's only a matter of time, for those that are doing *serious*
Photoshop work, the Mac Pro is just about a must.  With any other Mac you'll
have serious I/O issues.

I for one am looking for one in the 8-core range with 8-16GB of RAM, I'll
also be filling the drive bays so I can increase my photoshop swap speed.
The longer they take, the more tempted I am to spend the money on a camera
lens or three.

On a semi-related note, is Epson ever going to replace the V750-M scanner
with a newer model!  :-(  I am looking to upgrade from a 2450, but the
V750-M is ancient.

Zane