[X4U] Backup Software

Jim Warthman jim.warthman at affinity-systems-inc.com
Mon Jun 28 21:33:58 PDT 2010

Hello,
I'm a long-time Retrospect user. The past couple years I've left Retrospect behind and I've been using mostly Time Machine - at least for my boot drive.

I have a couple LARGE external drives with photos etc, and I don't want to back all that stuff up to my Time Machine disk. But I really like Time Machine's ability to go back in time, in case a file gets corrupted and I don't notice it for a while. Retrospect had that ability, too.

My question is, what other 3rd party backup applications (e.g. ChronSync, SuperDuper) support incremental backups, with the ability to maintain multiple versions of files that have changed - like Time Machine?

Or, failing that, can Time Machine be configured to have one backup destination for the boot drive, and a different destination for these other drives?

Thanks!

Jim