[X4U] The Missing eMail Attachment?

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Fri May 14 06:22:21 PDT 2010

I have an advertising client (chiropractor) for our publishing company that tries to send/forward emails to us that have PDF attachments. Sometimes he sends from his Hotmail account and sometimes from his email account with Cox Cable. In both cases according to the headers, it looks like he's using a web interface. I'm guessing he's probably using Windows 7.

When I look at the email in the inbox list in Mail.app (I'm running OS X 10.6.3), the message size shows there should be an attachment there, and there's a paperclip to indicate there's an attachment, but when I open the email there is no attachment displayed in the body, nor any icons or a save attachment to show that there are any attachments. Is there anyway to extract an attachment out of Mail.app in this situation? When he forwards the email to his office staff and they send it on via a local email client instead of a web interface, I get the attachment just fine.

Joe