[X4U] 8GB RAM in Mac mini?

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Fri May 14 06:54:03 PDT 2010

Anyone on this list running 8GB of Ram in a Mac mini? OWC and Ramjet both claim to have 8GB kits for the Mac mini. Some articles I came across on Google seem to say that the current generation of mini works well with 8GB and Snow Leopard. Crucial's website goes with the official Apple supported maximum 4GB of RAM. I realize that for our publishing company, Apple considers the iMac the ideal solution for us. However, I do like being able to use my own screens instead of the all-in-one design of the iMac, as I like to be able to move screens around as we need to change workstations occasionally. I don't care for all-in-one desktops, if I want an all-in-one I'll get a notebook. I'm using a 13" MacBook Pro, and this is my favorite Apple notebook I've ever used. However, I'm finding that with Snow Leopard, 4GB of RAM just doesn't cut it. I'm planning on upgrading my Book to 8GB from the current 4GB, and I've got a few Mac minis in the office that I'd love to upgrade to 8GB and Snow Leopard if it works reliably.

Joe