[X4U] 8GB RAM in Mac mini?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri May 14 08:52:30 PDT 2010

At 10:04 AM -0500 5/14/10, Joe Sporleder wrote:
>Here are a couple of URLs to some information about 8GB of RAM in a
>Mac mini. It looks like the Fall 2009 Mac minis and later are ready,
>early 2009 Mac minis need a firmware update.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/2agtofg
>
>http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/Apple_Mac_mini/DDR3

This actually makes the Mini usable for me, as my biggest requirement
is RAM, and I've currently got 7GB RAM in my Rev.0 G5 2x2.  Though I
think I'd have to get a NAS or a 2nd Drobo.  How well would such a
system work for Adobe Photoshop.  Currently I can't run Photoshop
CS5, or the newest version of one of my plugins due to the fact I'm
still on a PowerMac.

Realistically my plan is to get a new Mac Pro if Apple ever releases
a new model.

Zane

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |