[X4U] Bad DVD drive

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Sat Apr 23 09:06:00 PDT 2011

I recently had the same problem.  I purchased an SATA DVD drive for my replacement. It was about USD $30. I had to get two cables, a power adapter for the SATA power plug and also a SATA cable. On my Mac Pro, the SATA cables with a right angle connector on one end work best. There are tutorials on the net for the take apart of the computer.

Jens

On Apr 23, 2011, at 9:04 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> The DVD drive of my Mac Pro seems to have problems.  It's sometimes impossible to read a disk.  But suddenly it works.  I think it start to fail.
> Which Pioneer could you recommend as replacement?
>
> Paul Moortgat

Jens Selvig
...Lost in Montana...