[X4U] Adusting time

Cheryl Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 15:24:08 PDT 2011

Hi.

I'm running the latest update of Snow Leopard on an Intel Mac Mini bought at the beginning of 2008. The clock is supposedly being synchronized with an Apple timeserver acording to date and time in System Preferences. However, it is at least 30 seconds off from my two linux machines which are being set once an hour with the nist.gov servers. This is really bothering me because I have chimes and announcements set to go off at different times and the other computers are done or almost done by the time my Mac starts. I'm sure the linux machines are more accurate because they are also in sync with my atomic clock. Is there something I can do to manually set this clock to the right time, even if I have to keep doing it periodically?Whatever is being done automatically doesn't seem to be working.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart