[X4U] Sorry, long worded email but I am at a road bloack as to what trouble shooting I should do next... (resolved)

LAL lalicata at alum.rpi.edu
Wed Apr 27 00:46:02 PDT 2011

Dear list,
My thanks to all who responded. I would like to especially thank Randy
Singer who taught me:
a: I was resetting my PMU all wrong
b. I needed to look at programs that are always running, even if I had
not updated them in months....

The problem turned out to be one of those all running programs. (It
was little snitch!)
Seems that even though I had not updated it in a month +, somehow, it
was causing the machine to hang.
Force quitting it using activity monitor BEFORE restarting / shutting
down prevented the hang.
But, before I could send a possible bug report to them, they came out
with a version that says resolves this issue, even though the symptoms
they reported I had not seen.
10+ restarts / shutdowns after installing the update and I have yet to
experience the hang.

Ok, and resetting (properly) the PMU restored the "zippiness" I use to
see when I ran Excel, but not recently.

Thank you Randy.

I do not believe I can ever repay you knowledge wise, but if and when
we meet, I would like to buy you a drink of your choosing....

Lee

Begin forwarded message: