[X4U] Time Machine and multiple users

Andy andy.themac at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 03:32:31 PDT 2011

> On Aug 17, 2011, at 5:13 PM, Mark Des Cotes wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have three users set up on my iMac. My main one and two managed accounts for each of my kids. I just set up Time Machine through my User account to back up the computer, will it back up each of my kid's accounts as well or do I need to set it up for each account?

Time Machine backs up the whole volume except for any folders you've excluded. Each user's data is kept separate in their own home folder exactly as on your Mac. Any user can then browse or restore from their own backups. If they don't have an admin account they can't turn TM off or on or change any TM preferences.

Andy