[X4U] Seagate drives

Jerry Kemp apple.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Thu Feb 3 21:37:45 PST 2011

Odd, I have had extremely good luck with Seagate drives, and have been
purchasing them exclusively over the last few years.  And, as you
mention, Seagate drives come with the 5 year warranty, in case you do
have an issue.

Are the drive failures you are experiencing all occurring in just one
system, or a group of systems?  Are there any specific patterns to the
failures that you can observe?

Is it the drive electronics that are failing for you, or a multitude of
bad blocks on the drives themselves, or something else?

Sorry if you mentioned your specific issues earlier.  I am catching up
on email and saw you note.