[X4U] No PowerPC Apps Will Run Under Lion!

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Feb 28 19:45:46 PST 2011

On Feb 28, 2011, at 2:51 PM, Michael Burton wrote:

> Here's a quick-n-dirty Applescript to find PowerPC-only applications.

Thanks, but that's not necessary.

You can check *all* of your applications simultaneously by opening
System Profiler (in the /Applications/Utilities folder; or in the
Apple menu --> About This Mac --> More Info), click on the disclose
triangle next to Software, choose Applications, then click on the
Kind column to sort by kind.

> You may have PPC code in drivers, etc., that aren't standard Mac
> applications. At this point, I don't have a quick and reliable
> method for identifying those items.

You can quickly check to see if any of the system extensions that you
have running are PPC in Activity Monitor.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html