[X4U] Seagate 1 TB hard drive issue not loading on desktop...

cat soul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Mon Jan 24 14:22:01 PST 2011

On Jan 24, 2011, at 12:20 PM, John Baltutis wrote:

>> I will NEVER, EVER, REALLY never buy a seagate USB portable drive
>> probably never buy a seagate drive again.
>>
>> Could NOT get it to work, so I am giving it away...............
>>
>> Please learn from my experience, buyer beware, and research....
>
> What did Seagate's support say? BTW, I only buy and use FWHD
> externals.

I'd add and expand on this. I will never buy a "consumer" external
drive again, FW, USB, Seagate or whoever. They are, simply, designed
to be disposible.

I have had 5 seagate "pro" externals, the ones with the wraparound
orange lights. One by one they've started to go. 3 years old or less.

when I wanted to defeat the default "Sleep" setting, Seagate told me
that I needed a PC to do it, that there were no tools to turn off
that setting on a Mac.

It is way past time for manufacturers to get over that Mac
marginalization malarkey...I'd say about 14 years past time.

sheesh!

cs