[X4U] Seagate 1 TB hard drive issue not loading on desktop...

LAL lalicata at alum.rpi.edu
Tue Jan 25 09:03:56 PST 2011

Doyle,

I cannot even this d__n drive to show up on my desktop (PB g4, 10.5.8)
but I can get it to show up on my wife's G3.

And there is no firmware update out for this drive.

Lee

Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 16:47:08 -0500
From: Doyle Yoder <doyle at dypinc.com>

Did you update the firmware in the drive or controller? Seagate 1 TB
had a lot of trouble with Macs if the firmware was not updated.

Doyle