[X4U] Time Machine for two Installations of Macosx

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Tue Jul 19 16:18:19 PDT 2011

The Time Machine setup is specific to the partition that was booted; so you can have different boot drives with different Time Machine setups.

Time Machine is a wonderful, easy to use system . . .but it's not a perfect or complete backup system. You can't boot a Time Machine archive for instance. On most of my systems at home I exclude the system files from the Time Machine backup; all that gets TM'ed is the data. It works fine for large installations though; assuming you have a big enough backup drive.

On Jul 19, 2011, at 5:03 PM, Cheryl Ann Homiak wrote:

> questions about Time Machine

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil