[X4U] MS Mail short question

Wayne Clodfelter wayneclodfelter at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 12 05:23:12 PST 2011

Bob,

I'm running OS 10.5.8 on a PPC but expect your system to be similar.
Look in you home folder's Library folder for the Mail folder. Your
messages will be in the various mailboxes you have set up.
Additional messages will be in folders named "Deleted Messages"
"Drafts" "INBOX" and "Sent Messages" within a folder for each account.
You can move or copy your messages from any of these mailboxes to
anywhere you like, make your account changes, and then move them back.

To be sure this works, you can create a new account. Create a few
sample messages. Then try moving, deleting account, and restoring to a
new/different account.

I have not done this in several years, but it worked the last time I
tried it.