[X4U] Disk Utility Repair report

LAL lalicata at alum.rpi.edu
Fri Nov 11 00:32:29 PST 2011

I am running a 17" g4, 10.5.8 with a 60 GB hard disk. (I know, a
dinosaur but need to be stateside to get a new one).
Disk utility reports the following errors CONSISTENTLY.
The only reason why I am bringing this request up is that a friend who
is running a macbook pro and 10.6.x also sees many of these same
"errors" and therefore, I thought I asked what they all mean, and if
there is a way to "fix" them:

Here is a sample of the errors I am seeing:

ACL found but not expected on "private/var/root" (about 5 or 6)

Permissions differ on "Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/
CodeResources", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are lrw-rw-r--
(I get MANY of these!)(when I navigate to the file, the locked box is
NOT checked.)

Warning: SUID file "Applications/System Preferences.app/Contents/
Resources/installAssistant" has been modified and will not be repaired
(about 3 or 4)

The Disk utility reports:

"Finished verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s3 LeezeHD" but if I
run disk utility immediately again, the same errors are reported.

I have also tried disk warrior to fix these, applejack, and cocktail
version 4.7.

I have also performed a archive and install, a clean reinstall, and a
full wipe of the hard drive followed by a reinstall.

These errors persistently remain.

Thoughts?

Lee
APO AE

PS: The G4 came originally with 10.4.0 and to upgrade to 10.5, I
bought the "generic" 10.5 disks.