[X4U] Mac Powerpoint user list?

David Brostoff listaddr at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 15 19:12:25 PST 2011

At 4:13 PM -0800 11/14/11, Randy B. Singer wrote:

>I linked to the PowerPoint newsgroup, you linked to the Microsoft
>forum.  They aren't the same.
>
>The newsgroup is useful in that it *isn't* a Microsoft forum, just
>users and some Microsoft MVP's.  I find both forums to be useful for
>different things.  (Just as I find this list, and other Mac
>discussion lists, to be useful for different reasons than the
>official Apple forums.)
>
>At any given time, one or the other seems to get slow for a while,
>but neither is moribund.  Use whichever you find most useful.

Yes, the Microsoft newsgroups on Usenet used to be frequented by
users and Microsoft MVPs, but as far as I know unfortunately
Microsoft closed their Usenet newsgroups last year:
<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx>.

The PowerPoint newsgroup, like the other microsoft.public ones, is
still on Usenet (and also available via Google Groups, at the link
you gave
<http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint/topics>),
but since June 2010, there have been few posts or answers, and none
of them from MVPs, who now post on Microsoft Answers.

Not the way I like it, but the way it seems to be.

David