[X4U] Mac Powerpoint user list?

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Nov 14 16:13:32 PST 2011

On Nov 12, 2011, at 8:18 PM, David Brostoff wrote:

>> There is a newsgroup devoted to Powerpoint/Mac where Microsoft
>> MVP's hang out and answer questions:
>>
>> <http://groups.google.com/group/
>> microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint/topics>
>
> Randy,
>
> I am loathe to contradict you on any subject, but as far as I know,
> Usenet newsgroups have been abandoned by Microsoft. The new
> location for the Powerpoint forum is here:
> <http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macpowerpoint>

I linked to the PowerPoint newsgroup, you linked to the Microsoft
forum.  They aren't the same.

The newsgroup is useful in that it *isn't* a Microsoft forum, just
users and some Microsoft MVP's.  I find both forums to be useful for
different things.  (Just as I find this list, and other Mac
discussion lists, to be useful for different reasons than the
official Apple forums.)

At any given time, one or the other seems to get slow for a while,
but neither is moribund.  Use whichever you find most useful.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html