[X4U] Mac App Store, Business Use?

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Thu Sep 8 07:52:51 PDT 2011

I'm the tech manager for a small publishing company, with about 10 Macs in our business scattered across 3 different offices.

Does the Mac App store allow for multiple purchases of the same App? I would like a convenient way to purchase apps, such as Pages and Numbers for most of those machines, but use a single iTunes account (setup to pay with the corporate AMEX card). I know technically, I could share those Apps with each machine since I control those machines. However, according to the terms in the FAQ, to do that freely means for non-commercial use. Since I'm a business, I believe Apple would like me to pay the $20 per app per computer (in the case of Pages and Numbers), which I would happily do, as that's quite affordable even at a per machine price.

Joe