[X4U] Eudora 6.2.4 problems on 10.6.8

stephen e. schwartz ses at bnl.gov
Wed Apr 4 18:40:03 PDT 2012

hello rick, I am aware of the "hidden settings" of Eudora (which has
a wealth of settings) but hadnt thought to look there for the check
mail settings option.

Interestingly, double clicking on <x-eudora-setting:32414> generates
a dialog that gives the information you provide, and then states that
"the default value is 1N" and then allows me to replace that text.

That said, I don't understand the instruction. What is the "N" there for?

command-n is a new mail message window

assuming that the N is not supposed to be there, setting the new
value to "0" results in command-m minimizing the top window, and
command-shift-m checking for new mail.

setting it to "0N" ditto.

setting it to "2N" or "2", ditto; command-option-m opens the mail
checking and sending options dialog box.

so there is something I don't get (or something really is broken). oh well.

but thanks.

-steve

----