[X4U] Transfer, sync Address book data?

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Thu Apr 12 17:32:13 PDT 2012

On 2012 Apr 12, at 09:48, catsoul wrote:

> how to get the MB Pro address book to be the same as the Desktop Mac address book, and, if possible, can I keep the two in sync without using the Cloud?

Apple's solution to this problem is iCloud, which is how I lost my address book a few months ago.  Took a half hour of wrestling with Time Machine to get it back.

Years ago, I'd have said that it should work if you simply keep your ~/Application Support folders in sync with a general-purpose file-syncing app.  But, as you've found, Apple has been making this more difficult and that may not work.  Anyhow, you should look on macupdate.com or appbodega.com for either a general-purpose file-syncing app, or even better, an Address-Book syncing app that will work over your local network.