[X4U] Problem with MBP and OS X 10.4.11

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Tue Apr 24 19:13:24 PDT 2012

I have a friend, in his mid eighties, who somehow has lost nearly all of his documents. He has a MBP G4 running 10.4.11. The hard drive has only 600 megs of free space so I am fairly certain the files still exist. I think most of the files were on his desktop. My imagination (perhaps hope) is that he somehow found a way to hid those files accidentally. I have not done much other than poke around in his user directory finding nothing.

My thinking is to use Carbon Copy Cloner and then work on that with a bit more abandon. :)

Any ideas about how I should proceed?

Thanks,

Jens

Jens Selvig