[X4U] Mountain Lion

Cat catsoul at thinkplan.org
Wed Feb 22 08:19:26 PST 2012

On Feb 22, 2012, at 3:48 AM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> A number of folks have had problems with software conflicts right after upgrading to Lion, which can cause instability.  I can help you track those down, if you like.

thank you for the generous offer, Randy!

OK..here are my issues with Lion..   and please note, this is after a fresh, "nuke and pave" install of Lion:

Huge problems with Mission control in that desktop assignments are lost or forgotten, for lack of a better term. in some cases, a window or document from one app will partially draw "through" the windows of another app, in another desktop.

particularly, Photoshop Elements and Adobe Illustrator CS5 have big issues with spaces/desktops. both these programs also in Lion, have their tool palettes' menu bars disappear, while the palettes remain visible! Toggling the palettes with the tab key clears this problem temporarily.

Also, PS Elements frequently will not display an open document which is in front. toggling to another open document then back clears this temporarily.

These are the biggies I can think of; to me they are not superficial problems as I make *heavy* use of spaces/mission control...I assume others do, too...to make law an order of upwards of 10 major apps being open with active documents.

I've often wondered whether there's some kind of a video memory issue going on with Lion, such that it can't remember how to draw the screens.

If you can help me out with this stuff, I'd be a grateful Mac user, returning to Lion in a New York Minute!

cat