[X4U] Help needed in transition to iCloud

Ken Johnson kenjohnso at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:17:19 PST 2012

Trying this again.....

My 3 Macs and 4 iOS devices are all synced using a (paid) MobileMe account.  One of my synced Macs is a Mac-Mini with a Core-Duo Intel processor.  As I understand things, this unit will not run 10.7 and thus is not eligible for iCloud.  Others are Core-2-Duo, so they're OK.  Mobile devices already at iOS 5

If there is to be no offering for older systems, we are left with either moving syncing tasks to Google (Calendar and Address Book), or purchasing an otherwise unnecessary hardware upgrade for the Mini.  Not sure why Apple can't make iCloud available on 10.6.X, but they haven't.

Am I missing something here?

Ken