[X4U] Broken download

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Mon Jan 23 10:40:15 PST 2012

At 12:42 +0100 1/23/12, Paul Moortgat wrote:
>A friend gets broken downloads on a regular base.  Is there some software who restart the download where it was stopped?
>He'll write a letter to his provider (same as mine) to complain.  I don't have this problem.

Try curl in Terminal.app.  It will handle, http, ftp, and a bunch of others. Its -v (verbose) option will tell what happened in the event of an early stop.  You can also use its -c option to continue from a specified location in the file. man curl in Terminal for everything about it.

I believe Interarchy also had capabilities like that at least for ftp.
--

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--