[X4U] How to save user ID's and pw's?

Crandon David tabdave at ca.rr.com
Mon Jan 23 22:29:50 PST 2012

Hello Everyone,

It''s been a long time since I've posted to the list. But, it's still around and helpful after many years.

OK, I've got a 2.3 Intel Core Duo 2 running 10.7.2

When typing a user ID and password into a web page to log in, sometimes the mac will ask if I want it to remember it, and sometimes it doesn't.

I've been told that this is a function of the web page programming. But, is  there a way to have my mac automatically save the user ID and pw, even if it doesn't ask me? I know I can manually make an entry in my Keychain, but is there a way to have it do it automatically or at least with just a single command?

Thanks everyone.