[X4U] White 2008 Macbook and Lion

catsoul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Thu Jul 19 09:00:28 PDT 2012

On Jul 19, 2012, at 5:14 AM, Chris Jones wrote:

> To be honest, you are the only one that can judge if Lion is OK for you or not.

While quite true, this doesn't anaswer the question for the OP.

Roy, I would advise you to talk to as many people who do what you do, hopefully on the same/similar Mac model and ask them how their experience with Lion has been for them...those who installed it.

Overall, I like Lion, but without a speck of doubt, Snow Leopard was more stable and well-behaved by orders of magnitude. It isn't that Lion spazzes out, it's that many things about Lion are simply quirky, broken, squirrelly. I've had to horse around with tech support with Lion-related issues far more than any other version of Mac OS, going all the way back to System 7!

Lion is a nice evolution but I feel that it needs more time in the oven. Now, we're on the eve of Mountain Lion..I think it's set to be downloadable on the 25th..

You may simply wish to stay put, and see how Mountain Lion users fare, especially those who do what you do with your machine.

If I had to do it over, I might have stayed put in Snow and saved myself *many* hours of dealing with really stupid tech issues.

Times like this, the phrase "if it ain't broke don't fix it" really comes into its own.

HTH,

cat