[X4U] White 2008 Macbook and Lion

catsoul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Thu Jul 19 12:53:11 PDT 2012

On Jul 19, 2012, at 12:48 PM, Peter Sealy wrote:

> I don't see how that will help him as any glitches which appear with ML will not be identifiable to the ordinary user as hangovers or still present in Lion.

Yes, however the web is full of stories of how well people fared with various OS X versions...None are perfect, but some have produced more issues than others. Lots of people had issues with leopard; Snow Leopard seemed to clear many of them up for many people.

The OP would do well to keep what he has working and to create an installation of Lion or Mt Lion on another drive so that if things get stupid, he can go back to his working setup and not interrupt his money-making workflow.

Of course we are each the final arbiters of what works for us and nobody here has a crystal ball, but there are resources out there to give one an indication of what the experience with 10.x might be.

cheers,

cat