[X4U] White 2008 Macbook and Lion

Peter Sealy carpet3 at internode.on.net
Thu Jul 19 16:18:33 PDT 2012

On 20/07/2012, at 5:53 AM, catsoul wrote:

> The OP would do well to keep what he has working and to create an installation of Lion or Mt Lion on another drive so that if things get stupid, he can go back to his working setup and not interrupt his money-making workflow.

Good point. +1

Another point I just thought of, ML will be released very soon. I thought that once Apple released a major version of OS X [10.7 > 10.8] don't they cease selling the replaced version? If so, the OP will need to get his running shoes on very quickly. I think Apple also sold Lion on a USB stick so the OP could buy that and then does not need to upgrade until he has done all his preparation. I am sure I have read that Apple will not sell the USB stick version of ML.

Cheers

Peter Sealy
Thurgoona AUSTRALIA

If you have to read the manual, it's not Mac enough