[X4U] White 2008 Macbook and Lion

Jim Warthman jwarthmanlists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 10:42:58 PDT 2012

Yes, well, back to Cat's experiences with Lion. What isn't clear is how many of the problems she reported were fixed in the later versions of Lion, and how many persist.

I can speak from my own firsthand experience, and that of my friend. We both stayed with SL until recently, and immediately moved to 10.7.4. My friend installed over top of SL, and I did a "clean install" on a new drive, but had the Migration Assistant copy applications, settings, etc. from my SL clone drive. For both of us, Lion has been generally trouble-free.

I really like Mission Control, and find that I customized it to my liking and use it all the time. This is in contrast with Spaces in SL, which I found a bit clunky for me. That said, I've seen some of the odd behavior that Cat mentioned, where applications sometimes appear in the "wrong" space. It's infrequent and, for me anyway, not a major irritant. But it's clearly a bug in Lion.

Neither of us has seen the other issues Can reports, but that doesn't make them any less real. As others have said, Snow Leopard was in many ways a significant bug-fix of Leopard. Maybe we'll see a similar relationship between Lion and Mountain Lion. We'll know soon enough!  :-)

Enjoy,

Jim