[X4U] White 2008 Macbook and Lion

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Jul 20 22:33:49 PDT 2012

On Jul 20, 2012, at 6:10 PM, catsoul wrote:

> I am not going to trade scars with you over this. If you think that
> Lion is issue-free, then I am glad for you. Anyone else having the
> opposite experience apparently confronts a gauntlet of Apple-can-do-
> no-wrong.

I'm not an Apple fanboy.  I'm happy to criticize Apple when they
deserve it, and they have justly deserved it many times in the past.

But I'm not in favor of misleading users either.  Unless you can
point to other users having the same issues you are having (and there
are plenty of public forums to refer to where users recount their
problems), then clearly the issues that you are experiencing are
unique to your individual Macintosh.  Apple (and to be fair, just
about any manufacturer) does occasionally produce a computer here and
there that is a lemon, and any computer, including any Mac, can fail,
sometimes mysteriously.

But just because your computer is having a problem, and that problem
manifested itself after you upgraded to Lion, doesn't mean that users
are commonly having problems with Lion.  There would have to be other
examples to point to to say that is the case.  I haven't heard of
them, and I'm in touch with an awful lot of Mac users.  But I'm open
to being educated.  Is there, for instance, a thread on Apple's
discussion forums where lots of folks are experiencing the same
problems you are?

You say that you have had Apple attempt to fix your problems several
times.  Are you aware that Apple has a policy of replacing your Mac
if they have tried to fix it three times and fail?  Have you tried
contacting Customer Relations (NOT Technical Support or AppleCare)?
Customer Relations is set up to help users with unusual, or unusually
vexing problems that Technical Support can't help with.  Call:
1-800-275-2273 and ask for "customer relations."

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html