[X4U] iTunes music all scrambled

David Ledger david.ledger at ivdcs.co.uk
Wed Jun 13 02:10:07 PDT 2012

At 21:57 -0500 12/6/12, Craig Finseth wrote:
>First, the metadata in the online service that Apple used (and, as
>far as I know, all other services) is very inconsistent.
>
>Normally, I use it as a starting place and replace most of it with
>my own entries.  But I have a good sized library  (25,000+ songs)
>and want to be able to find things.
>
>The first thing that you need to do is to ensure that you have the
>disks and tracks in the correct order and that they are numbered
>(are you displaying the disk # and track # fields?)
>
>Then, you need to ensure that you are sorting in the right order
>when  dragging into playlists.  For example, if you are sorting an
>album by track name and drag it to a playlist, that's the order that
>it uses. You want to be sure to sort by track # first.

Another thing to bear in mind if you are going to use the Shuffle
feature is to use 'Grouping'. Once in the right order, tie all the
tracks together with the same Grouping entry. That way once you've
been Shuffled to that work all tracks will play till the end.

David

--
David Ledger - Freelance Unix Sysadmin in the UK.
david.ledger at ivdcs.co.uk
www.ivdcs.co.uk