[X4U] entry level iMac supports 16GB?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Jun 21 10:36:31 PDT 2012

At 10:27 AM -0700 6/21/12, Ron Steinke wrote:
>You will need to know exactly which model number you are looking at
>in order to call up the right model specifications, but a quick look
>told me that almost all the latest models have four RAM slots and
>can hold up to 32Gb of	RAM if you have the money to pay for it.

At that point the question becomes, which is cheaper, an iMac with
32Gb of RAM, or a Mac Pro with 32Gb (or more) of RAM?  For those that
need large memory configurations, I really recommend running the
numbers on both the system you're thinking of, and on a Mac Pro.
When I bought my latest system in late-2010, the difference was
fairly significant.

I'm sitting at 24Gb, but I'm thinking about taking it up to 48Gb.  Of
course I'm also a heavy user of Photoshop and other photography
related software.

Zane

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |
|                                  | Photographer               |