[X4U] MacMini

Fabian Fang ftf at mac.com
Mon Jun 25 20:07:31 PDT 2012

On Jun 25, 2012, at 7:42 PM, Al Jones wrote:

> My G4 MDD running Mac OS 10.5.8 is getting ready give up the ghost.
> I am
> considering a MacMini. A family member is an apple employee so I can
> get it
> for a decent price. I  DO NOT want to run any of the Lion
> iterations. Snow
> Leopard is perfectly acceptable to me for the foreseeable future. My
> question is When I get the mini, can Lion be erased, the HD
> reformated? and
> Snow Leopard be installed.

The latest Mac mini models (mid-2011) all came pre-installed with OS
10.7 (Lion):
<http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_mini/index-macmini.html>

No Macs can run any OS lower than the pre-installed version.  The
Apple Online Store sometimes offer "refurbished" older models with
lower pre-installed OS.

Fabian