[X4U] Mountain Lion the "clean up" version?

catsoul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Tue Jun 26 09:31:07 PDT 2012

A buddy of mine and I were talking about Lion issues compared to Snow Leopard issues..we both found Snow Leopard to be virtually issue-free.

He said that Leopard was more of a test version, whereas Snow Leopard was the "clean-up," most if not all problems resolved version of the Leopard series. My experience with both OSs bears that out.

Anyone know whether the same thing applies to Lion/Mountain Lion?

I don't expect there to be a press release from Apple saying "Yeah, Lion's where we unleashed the buggy version, let you guys discover those bugs, then Mountain Lion's the cleaned-up version" but among savvy Mac users, this is probably something that's understood experientially.

Lion has its share of weird behavior, and features that are just plain broken in one way or the other. Be nice if Mountain Lion has those cleared up...

Can anyone weigh in on this question?

thanks!

cat