[X4U] Mac Mini

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 28 05:18:45 PDT 2012

Hi,

I doubt running on an external drive will really help.

The issue is occasional Apple releases new machines, that have updated hardware that requires drivers only available in the latest OSX release that comes with the machine. Older releases just don't have them. Running from an external drive won't fix this…

AFAIK, the 2011 mac mini update was a case like this. I doubt you will get anything other than 10.7 running on them.

What exactly have you got against 10.7 ? You cannot stick with old releases forever, eventually you have to move forward..

Chris