[X4U] .Mac/Mobile Me vs. iCloud

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Wed Mar 14 12:26:50 PDT 2012

True… perhaps Winston can give us a few more details as to exactly what he wants to do. While he can easily serve his site from his main iMac it does require some technical setup to make it work…and as I said I would personally not expose my daily driver Mac to the internet as a server. I used to have a mail/web server at home that was exposed to the internet but it had very little installed so as to keep it most secure. Eventually I got tired of messing around with my own server and farmed it out to hosting service because it's easier and doesn't really cost much.

On Mar 14, 2012, at 3:13 PM,3/14, LISTS wrote:
> Comments from Jeff and Neil have been spot-on.
>
> But the answer *might* be different if we knew more about your intended usage.
>
> For instance, is your web content intended for only a handful of close family and friends? Or are you expecting a large volume of traffic from complete strangers?
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Jim
>
> Sent from my iPad

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil