[X4U] Ssssllllooooowwww download speeds from Apple

Conlon Brett brettnlis at bigpond.com
Sat Sep 22 22:52:23 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm curious what others are getting speed-wyse when downloading stuff from the Apple servers.

My MBPro is connected wirelessly to a Time Capsule that has a cable connection to the internet and according to www.speedtest.com, I'm getting around 21Mbps av. download.

When I download files from apple (eg. iTunes 10.7) I'm getting download speeds of around 50Kps.

A number of years ago I remember I was getting downloads in the order of MBps but haven't seen that for a LOOOONG time. Everything of late seems to take forever to download from them, for me at least.

I'm sure it's due to Apple's surging popularity and especially the recent iOS6 release but I thought I'd see how others are faring.

Cheers,

Cojcolds